Summary of Position:
This HR Generalist supports business operations, as they relate to the area of human resources, by helping to serve as a strategic partner to our 26 locations. The role will help support the human resources department and assist in all aspects of the human resources function, including payroll, OSHA recordkeeping, safety, benefits. At times, the function with support workers, general employee relations, and HRIS administration.
Applicants need proficiency with MS Word and MS Excel. Strong candidates would have experience around workers’ compensation, time, and attendance/HRIS software. Room to learn and grow a career is present in this department and for this position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Lead recruiting and onboarding.
- Help support multiple locations across several States.
- Protects the organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Provides HR assistance and advice to leaders and manages
- Assist in other duties proprietary to HR department
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Maintain professionalism in the workplace
- Displays flexibility and ability to realign job duties with changing priorities
- Works well with others to complete multiple department deadlines
- Ability to learn new tasks proficiently and quickly
Education and Experience:
- Able to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Compassionate and patient customer service skills
- High attention to detail
- Sitting at a desk – 90% daily
- Standing or walking – 10% daily (may require more infrequently)
- Ability to learn and think quickly
- Energetic, outgoing, and positive attitude
- Good organization skills
- Reliable and dependable
- Ability to prioritize and manage time
- Regularly required to talk and listen; sit; stand; walk
High School diploma or GED (required)
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or 4+ prior years’ experience in a Human Resources Department (required)
Midwest Hose is one of the largest hose and fitting wholesale distributors in North America. Since opening our doors in 1983, we’ve steadily grown and continue to build our loyal customer base, which speaks to how enthusiastic we are for the future! Here at Midwest Hose & Specialty, we believe our employees are the fuel that drives our business, so we treat each person with the respect and value they deserve.
We provide room for upward mobility and advancement to other positions within the company. We promote from within our own organization and reward team members with the potential for advancement and pay increases! We offer competitive pay and career advancement based on performance.
We pride ourselves in offering a premier benefits package which includes:
- Very competitive compensation
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Company health and dental insurance plans
- Basic life and AD&D insurance
- Paid holidays
- 2 weeks of paid vacation
- Great work/life balance
- Casual dress environment
- Career longevity
- Professional growth
If you want to be part of an ever-growing company and believe that Midwest Hose & Specialty is the place for you to begin your new career path please apply today!