Midwest Hose is one of the largest hose and fitting wholesale distributors in North America. Since opening our doors in 1983, we’ve steadily grown and continue to build our loyal customer base, which speaks to how enthusiastic we are for the future! Here at Midwest Hose & Specialty, we believe our employees are the fuel that drives our business, so we treat each person with the respect and value they deserve.
We provide room for upward mobility and advancement to other positions within the company. We promote from within our own organization and reward team members with the potential for advancement and pay increases! We offer competitive pay and career advancement based on performance.
We pride ourselves in offering a premier benefits package which includes:
- Very competitive compensation
- 401(k) plan
- Company health and dental insurance plans
- Basic life and AD&D insurance
- Paid holidays
- 2 weeks of paid vacation
- Great work/life balance
- Casual dress environment
- Career longevity
- Professional growth
If you want to be part of an ever-growing company and believe that Midwest Hose & Specialty is the place for you to begin your new career path please apply today!
Summary of Position:
Ensures that products meet quality and safety standards. Candidates must have experience operating industrial sewing machines in a production setting. Ideal applicants would have 2+ years of sewing experience. This team must have proficiency in reading gauges, using tape measures, and able to read specifications.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working with industry experts for production adjustments
- Helping a team of employees manage time and workload
- Various inventory control tasks including paperwork and computer-driven transactions
- Display good work ethic
- Maintain professionalism in the workplace
- Perform any other assigned proprietary duties
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Compassionate and patient customer service skills
- High attention to detail
- Active listening skills
- Prolonged standing, walking, stooping, bending, lifting – 100% daily (subject to change daily)
- Assist in lifting, pushing, and/or pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to learn and think quickly
- Energetic, outgoing, and positive attitude
- Good organization skills
- Reliable and dependable
- Ability to prioritize and manage time
- Regularly required to talk and listen; sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms
- Must be able to meet the physical demands typical in a warehouse environment including but not limited to grasping and fine manipulations with hands, reaching, squatting, climbing, activities working around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, exposure to light dust and fumes.
- Commitment to work additional hours as needed
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED (required)
- Manfacturing experience (highly preferred but not required)
- Industrial sewing (required)