Summary of Position:
Our Mobile Technician performs the complete hose assembly and repair process in the field for our customers and clients. This position is equipped with the latest tools and technology to make service calls efficient and professional. Developing relationships with Midwest Hose and Specialty customers while performing repairs are expected. Ideal applicants would have prior mechanic experience and have had experience working with hydraulics. This role also has a sales and customer service aspect that has a compensation incentive attached to that activity.
This position offers competitive pay and flexibility.
Ideal applicants would have prior mechanic experience and have had experience working with hydraulics.
Mobile Tech. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Hose assembly process at customer locations
- Repair or build new hose in mobile shop van
- Install or reinstall repaired or new hose on equipment
Prepare work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, and parts lists; gather parts, subassemblies, and materials
- Select and use proper tools and equipment for each task such as saws, crimpers, tape measures, and calipers
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies
- Identify and select proper parts to assemble a wide variety of hoses
- Remove faulty hoses from machinery/equipment
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms
- Coil hose as required to prepare for delivery to the customer
- When not in the field or on call, build and call on prospect list for new clientele
- On-call 24/7
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Maintain professionalism in the workplace
- Perform any other assigned proprietary duties
Mobile Tech. Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be able to understand and comply with verbal instructions
- Excellent reading and writing skills
- Good computer skills (typing, data input, internet navigation, etc.)
- Must be able to read English from a printed list or hand-held monitor
- Prolonged standing, walking, stooping, bending, lifting – 100% daily (subject to change daily)
- Must be able to pass an MVR
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 70 lbs.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands typical in a warehouse environment including but not limited to grasping and fine manipulations with hands, reaching, squatting, climbing, activities working around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, exposure to light dust and fumes.
- Commitment to work additional hours as needed to complete orders received daily
Mobile Tech. Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED (required)
- Prior warehouse experience (required)
- Valid Driver’s License (required)
- Prior hose assembly experience (highly preferred but not required)
- Additional power equipment experience (preferred but not required)
Midwest Hose is one of the largest hose and fitting wholesale distributors in North America. Since opening our doors in 1983, we’ve steadily grown and continue to build our loyal customer base, which speaks to how enthusiastic we are for the future! Here at Midwest Hose & Specialty, we believe our employees are the fuel that drives our business, so we treat each person with the respect and value they deserve.
We provide room for upward mobility and advancement to other positions within the company. We promote from within our own organization and reward team members with the potential for advancement and pay increases! We offer competitive pay and career advancement based on performance.
We pride ourselves in offering a premier benefits package which includes:
- Very competitive compensation
- 401(k) plan
- Company health and dental insurance plans
- Basic life and AD&D insurance
- Paid holidays
- 2 weeks of paid vacation
- Great work/life balance
- Casual dress environment
- Career longevity
- Professional growth
If you want to be part of an ever-growing company and believe that Midwest Hose & Specialty is the place for you to begin your new career path please apply today!