Summary of Position:
This role works in the manufacturing process of industrial hoses. Specific functions include running a circular loom, yarn rewinding machines, as well as checking materials made for quality. This position will work second (2nd) shift hours.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Operate circular looms, change weft bobbins, and thread yarn into looms
- Operate yarn rewinding machines
- Load creels with warp yarn packages
- Air splicing warp yarn ends together
- Inspection of woven jacket
- Flake woven jacket into large containers
- Maintain quality standards checking product for defects
- Effectively communicate information to all Weaving Operators
- Maintain safe and clean work environment
- Perform any other assigned proprietary duties
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to retain product knowledge
- Energetic, outgoing, and positive attitude
- Good organization skills
- Reliable and dependable
- Pre-employment drug screening and background check conducted
Lifting, pushing, and/or pulling up to 40 lbs.
- Standing or walking 100% daily
- Must be able to meet the physical demands typical in a manufacturing environment including but not limited to grasping and fine manipulations with hands, reaching, squatting, climbing, activities working around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, exposure to light dust and fumes.
- Commitment to work additional hours as needed to complete orders received daily
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED (required)
Midwest Hose is one of the largest hose and fitting wholesale distributors in North America. Since opening our doors in 1983, we’ve steadily grown and continue to build our loyal customer base, which speaks to how enthusiastic we are for the future! Here at Midwest Hose & Specialty, we believe our employees are the fuel that drives our business, so we treat each person with the respect and value they deserve.
We provide room for upward mobility and advancement to other positions within the company. We promote from within our own organization and reward team members with the potential for advancement and pay increases! We offer competitive pay and career advancement based on performance.
We pride ourselves in offering a premier benefits package which includes:
- Very competitive compensation
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Company health and dental insurance plans
- Basic life and AD&D insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Great work/life balance
- Casual dress environment
- Career longevity
- Professional growth
If you want to be part of an ever-growing company and believe that Midwest Hose & Specialty is the place for you to begin your new career path please apply today!