Summary of Position:
Our AutoCAD Drafter performs complete technical drawings that are to be used for mass production manufacturing. Using Solidworks and other computer-aided drafting software for designs. This role will create sketches and designs that fit our evolving business needs. Qualified applicants would be able to turn sketches and technical specifications to quality drafts.
This role will, in time, also help support the Corporate Purchasing department. Training will be provided for these niche tasks.
This position offers competitive pay and flexibility.
AutoCAD Drafter Roles and Responsibilities:
AutoCAD Drafter Qualifications and Requirements:
- Understanding of full drafting process
- Be able to interpret blueprints and drawings/sketches
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit
- Identify and select proper machining methods
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms
- Strong math skills
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Maintain professionalism in the workplace
- Perform any other assigned proprietary duties
AutoCAD Drafter Education and Experience:
- Must be able to understand and comply with written/verbal instructions
- Excellent reading and writing skills
- Good computer skills (typing 70 wpm, data input, internet navigation, etc.)
- Prolonged standing, walking, stooping, bending, lifting – 100% daily (subject to change daily)
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Commitment to work additional hours as needed to complete deadline driven projects
- Working knowledge of Photoshop is a plus.
- High School diploma or GED (required)
- Valid Driver’s License (required)
- Prior drafting experience (2 or more years required)
- Professional use of Solidworks and or AutoCAD (required)
Midwest Hose is one of the largest hose and fitting wholesale distributors in North America. Since opening our doors in 1983, we’ve steadily grown and continue to build our loyal customer base, which speaks to how enthusiastic we are for the future! Here at Midwest Hose & Specialty, we believe our employees are the fuel that drives our business, so we treat each person with the respect and value they deserve.
We provide room for upward mobility and advancement to other positions within the company. We promote from within our own organization and reward team members with the potential for advancement and pay increases! We offer competitive pay and career advancement based on performance.
We pride ourselves in offering a premier benefits package which includes:
- Very competitive compensation
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Company health and dental insurance plans
- Basic life and AD&D insurance
- Paid holidays
- 2 weeks of paid vacation
- Great work/life balance
- Casual dress environment
- Career longevity
- Professional growth
If you want to be part of an ever-growing company and believe that Midwest Hose & Specialty is the place for you to begin your new career path please apply today!